What is Welcome to the Water for National Marina Days?
It is the first national marketing event that brings the entire boating industry together for a common purpose – to promote boating and the boating lifestyle and to grow boat ownership and increase participation and interest in boating activities
Why was it organized?
This is a classic cross marketing event that provides a common, cost effective platform for achieving a common goal – grow boating – and at the same time an opportunity for each entity to achieve its own individual business objectives
How does it work?
One key to success will be to find and pair other local like-minded boating related entities that could benefit from having more boaters on the water. Typically a marina will organize and host an event to spotlight its facilities and services. Other local businesses will be invited to participate in order to feature their own products and services. Together, all work to plan a variety of exhibitions, displays and activities to attract the public much like a boat show. Here are a few examples of the various roles each business might play:
- Marinas – as the hosts they will play a key role in coordination of the event.
- Dealers – work with marina operators by providing boats for display, boats for activities, boat demonstrations, etc.
- Training/Safety organizations – supply staff that can help introduce consumers to boating lifestyle via seminars, on-the-water boat handling clinics, trailering seminars, interactive demonstrations, etc.
- Manufacturers/Others – provide resources to enhance local events.
What kind of events work best?
Each event will be unique depending upon location and the resources and imagination applied by local organizers. Waterside/waterfront events that promote all the wonderful aspects of the boating lifestyle appeal to boaters and non boaters alike. An environment that captures the emotional appeal of boating combined with experiential events that get participants intimately engaged with boating have proven very successful at creating a powerfully appealing “boating mindset”.
Some of the more popular activities at past events include:
- On-Water Hands on Boating skills training clinics
- Food and music “festivals”
- Open Houses & fishing clinics
- Boats and related products on display
- Free Boat Rides
- Safety Demonstrations
- Boat Rendezvous
- A variety of other social boating lifestyle oriented programs
How will the events be promoted?
A cross section of major industry organizations will be working together to provide promotional support for local events across the country and abroad. Each event will be promoted locally by participating business entities and supported nationally by leveraging the resources of Discover Boating and other participating parties.
Discover Boating is developing an umbrella program to create national awareness and allow local promotion extensions by all participating business entities. This includes prominent placement on DiscoverBoating.com, email marketing, social media and collateral material.
How can I find Host Marinas in my area?
How Can I find other businesses who want to partner with me in my event?
What do I have to do to participate?
Register your business or service ASAP! The earlier you register the more likely you will find others to partner with in your area.