Marinas are essential to safe boating in the summer of 2020, instead of coming together this year to celebrate our boating communities, let us dedicate this summer to keeping each other safe and celebrating from afar.
This year AMI is asking you to follow safety guidelines regarding social distancing at the marina and where possible implement a plan following AMI’s operational best practices.
Join us for National Marina Days and take our industry pledge to help keep your employees and customers safe.
Download a copy of the pledge, or read through it below.
- We pledge that we will provide a safe and clean place for boaters to enjoy boating and outdoor recreation. We recognize that our role is particularly important now, as families and friends seek safe and clean places to spend time.
- We pledge that our marina will, to the best of our ability (unless mandated otherwise under federal, state or local law), abide by the best practices set forth in this National Marina Days Commitment to Safe Boating to respond to the Coronavirus pandemic.
- We commit to following to the best of our ability all cleanliness, sanitation, and social distancing guidelines set forth in Best Practices for Marina Operations and in resources provided by the Centers for Disease Control, the Environmental Protection Agency, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration to ensure that our industry is a healthy outlet for families during this public health crisis, and does not further exacerbate the crisis.
- To ensure that our business is a safe and enjoyable place for boaters, we commit to the fullest extent possible to:
- Implement and enforce the standards set out in this document;
- Ensure that the health of our employees, our customers and our communities are our first and foremost priority;
- Agree to adhere to all applicable guidelines established by our state, the CDC, EPA, and OSHA, and apply any updates that meet or exceed their standards;
- Pledge that this is not “business as usual” and that our business will work to implement the improved best practices, including controlling traffic, enhancing our hygiene and hand washing standards, respect social distancing (6-foot distance) protocols per current directives, deploy emergency response and quarantine procedures, and clearly communicate these requirements to all of our stakeholders.
- To ensure our facility and customers are safe, I will remain informed as to the current rules and regulations governing my business.